Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

Falling Behind!

My last post was Challenge #5 - we're already up to #9!  This has been a great inspiration for all of us and a good kick in the pants to spend some time playing with ink and paper.


#6 is actually a companion page to one I finished last year.  It's my 80# baby Apollo on the day he came back from spending several weeks with a trainer.  I wish I could say that it was effective, but he was still a wild child when he came home.  The best part of it was the fact that he was (mostly) house trained when he came home.  I guess I should be grateful and count that as a win!





#7 - I've been trying to document all of the changes we've been making.  This was in September 2019 when I had 5 dead trees removed.  One was hanging over my bedroom, one was over the deck.  The other 3 were scattered in the general area.  The trees basically died almost overnight, as did a lot of others in the neighborhood following the flooding from the 2 hurricanes that dumped 35"+ on us in a 3 week span.  The water lingered for 6 months before finally evaporating.  Strangely enough our trees weren't in the flooded area, but the fungus that killed them started because of the water.  I was amazed at how much it opened up the yard to have them removed.



#8 - October 2019 - I decided that I was tired of paper bag brown walls in the living room and red and bronze in the dining room.  I selected colors that appeared more aqua tinted on the chips than they looked on the walls.  So... I ended up with BABY FRIGGIN" BLANKET BLUE walls.  Since I screwed up my knee royally painting just one wall, we had a painter come in to finish.  I love the way the dining room looks, and will just live with the living room.  The den will be repainted as soon as the Corona Virus has passed and the painter can come back.  Memo to self:  buy a small can of paint and test it before committing to it!

Stay safe and maintain social distancing!




No comments:

Post a Comment