Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Witching Hour

Time for a little bit of inky play.  Life has just been too serious lately.

I make no bones about loving witches.  I've read the Deborah Harkness All Souls trilogy several times, Debora Geary's Modern Witch series more times than I care to count, and now I'm making my way through Terry Pratchett's Discworld witch books.  I dress as a witch every Halloween, and my husband only carries one photo of me in his wallet, dressed as - you got it - a witch.  So what did I decide to do today?  Ink up some stamps and get ..... witchy.

I started with some manilla tags and Tim Holtz distress inks.  Great Halloween colors, and lots of fun to work with.  Background clutter was added with some TH stamps and then it was time to find a subject.  I recently ordered a lot of stamps from Unity that included the Phyllis Harris set A Tiny Witch.  



I also found some ancient rub-ons that cost me - gasp!- .49.  I'm the last of the big spenders sometimes.



The older my eyes get, the more I love these acrylic blocks by Stampabilities.  The lines help me keep things straight.


I forgot to stamp the witch first and then mask her before doing the background, so it resulted in a little extra work and some fussy cutting.  Nobody ever said that I do things the  easy way.  I stamped her on the background tag for placement, and on the other tag for coloring.


Added some ribbon and a bow, a couple of spider rub-ons, and a spider eyelet, and she's done.  I just need to give her a name.  Maybe Meladora?  Her friend is Esmeralda, also a Unity stamp.  I love that website, but maybe a little too much!



Hope your thoughts wander into fun places today!



2 comments:

  1. Your tags are just adorable! Can witches be adorable? You have way more patience than me, Cousin. I would have started over! I love the spiders and the bows, and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete