Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Am I Really a Blogger or Just a Blowhard?

So, I've decided to blog.  Now what do I say?  It seems that every time I post a comment on someone else's blog, it turns into a lengthy post that really should be on my own blog.  So here goes nothing.

First - this is going to be a blog about whatever is on my mind at the time.  It could be art or music related, it could be about Outlander or any of the other books that I love, maybe a sprinkling of technological gripes, or sometimes just a chat about my grandchildren, whom I love with all my heart.

Second - I have strong political beliefs, and I'm sure that they'll find a way onto here.  If you agree with me, fine.  If you don't, please keep it civil.  I love to hear other people's thoughts about what our country and our world are going through and how it could be changed.  Remember - our Founding Fathers were not politicians and neither are we.  I sometimes feel like we're powerless to change things, but we have to try.

Third - I am a Christian.  That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm what is today termed "religious."  It just means that I believe in a higher authority and I believe in the Trinity.  I hate what's happening in the world today in the name of religion.  God did not invent religion - man did.

Fourth - I love my family, whether they're on two legs or four.  When I lose one of my beloved fur-family, it hits me as hard as if I had just lost a human member.  Am I crazy to feel that way?  In some people's eyes, yes.  Tough.  Don't like it?  Too bad.  Keep it to yourself.



Fifth - As evidenced above, I can be abrasive.  I never said that I'm not opinionated.

Sixth - My friends are a part of my family.  I have many people that I consider to be family members that I've never met "in person."  I'm a member of a great group of artists who call Paper Artists Online (www.paperartistsonline.com) home.  They are a large part of my extended family and I laugh and cry with them.  We share our art and our hearts there, and if you're interested, please check out the website and send a request to join.  

Which brings me to - I am an artist, not a very good one, but I have fun with it, and a wanna-be musician.  I've tried for 50+ years to learn to play the piano, but my meager talent seems to lie in singing.  I write poetry, bad poetry.  Which explains why nobody has ever read it.  I am also a photographer.  Some say I'm pretty good at it.

I love to laugh, and sometimes the laughter turns into tears.

If you've made it this far, welcome to my blog.


5 comments:

  1. I'm in! Can't wait to read your wandering thouhts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are a good writer. This should be good.

    Judy in WV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible at remembering to check blogs (and my grammar - ugh!). I always appreciate a conversation with you!

    ReplyDelete